Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact tech support directly!?

Charlie December 5, 2017

What's is the number to call or email to the support helpdesk for Jira and Crowd?

4 answers

0 votes
Kyle Cordes December 8, 2017

Since you're using crowd, presumably you're looking at a "enterprise" use case. My advice for enterprise users is to go find an Atlassian Solution Partner, and work with them for the assistance you need. It won't be free, but at enterprise scale it can really pay off to have experts involved.

(I will politely decline to mention the Solution Partner where I work :-)  this is a discussion forum not an advertisement. )

0 votes
Charlie December 5, 2017

I see. Well in that case, I have a few questions regarding Crowd.

I'm starting an new environment made up of two RHEL 7.4 servers, one running Jira, the other running BitBucket. I plan on installing Crowd on the Jira server, I've requested a separate database for this though.

I have downloaded the atlassian-crowd-3.1.1.tar.gz file, and basically what I need to know is, are there install instructions for a Linux install? Also, are there instructions on configuring Crows with SAML 2.0 specifically?

I found something else here that talks about "Identity Manager", I don't know if that's a separate program or a part of it.

Thank you.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

The installation instructions for Linux (and Windows) are on this page: Installing Crowd and CrowdID

SAML 2.0 is not a feature of Crowd, please see General SAML Support to check the status of it.

Identity Manager is a security offering for our Atlassian Cloud products, you don't have to concern yourself with it if you are self-hosted.

In case you want Single Sign-on between Bitbucket and Jira: Overview of SSO

Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

Hi Charles,

there are a few 3rd Party Apps available in the marketplace that add SAML support to Bitbucket & Jira.

In many cases that actually means you won’t need Atlassian Crowd at all but (at least with our App) they can also co-exist.

I work for resolution GmbH and we are one of the Marketplace vendors for SAML support - if you like you can find our App via this link https://marketplace.atlassian.com/vendors/1210947/resolution-reichert-network-solutions-gmbh

Our team will also happily advise you on any deployment options, as well as their pro‘s & con‘s - just get in touch Https://resolution.de/go/support

You can also get an independent overview of the SAML Apps in the marketplace by a simple search for SAML: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=SAML%20

Cheers,

Chris

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

if you google "Atlassian support" then it will lead you here. on that page click the "Contact" link top right.

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

But not for starter licenses. 

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi Charles,

I am afraid there is not a phone number to call for starter licenses or standard support.  Only Premier Support has dedicated in bound phone support per our Atlassian Support Offerings.

I can see that your account appears to have starter licenses associated with it.  As such, support for that license tier is actually handled here on Community.   At the present time there is not an email inbox for the creation of support cases in Community.

However you can create questions in the respective Jira and Crowd collections here on Community should you need assistance.

Regards,
Andy

Charlie December 11, 2017

What is the difference between Crowd and CrowdID? Do I need both?

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events