Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I control "firstname lastname" or "lastname, firstname" representations?

Rob Wiskow September 17, 2013

We have Crowd set up to delegate authentication to Active Directory. For some reason though, users come back with inconsistent representations of their names. For some users it's "John Doe", other users "Doe, Jane". I can see no difference on the user entry in Crowd.

I think the difference happens in whether I add a user to crowd, or whether the user is automatically added when they try to log in and a user doesn't yet exist.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

Hi Rob, your suspicious may be right. The name of the user is retrieved from the LDAP upon the creation of the user in case it doesn't exist yet.

Crowd will retrieve this information from the LDAP attribute that is defined into the field User Display Name Attribute of your LDAP directory in Crowd.

To the case that the user is manually created, you can define the name of the user as you wish, which can be different the the value in your LDAP.

In case you want to always use the value in your LDAP, you can mark the option Synchronise User Details, this will then update the name of the user with the information from your LDAP as soon as the user perform the login.

I hope it helpes

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events