• Community
  • Products
  • Crowd
  • Questions
  • FAILURE of FreePBX 2.11 install instructions "http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Installing+FreePBX+12+on+CentOS+6.5"

FAILURE of FreePBX 2.11 install instructions "http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Installing+FreePBX+12+on+CentOS+6.5"

Jeffrey Race January 20, 2016

Followed instructions precisely for 3 hours which failed at final step  'make menuselect' with

error

**** The configure script must be executed before running 'make'.

** Please run "./configure".

make: *** No rule to make target `makeopts', needed by `menuselect/makeopts'.  Stop.

Manually entering './configure' fails to lead to "Asterisk Module and Build Option Selection" graphical menu,

just go back to the command line.

There were two other errors along the way:

ONE

Error Downloading Packages:

iksemel-devel-1.4-2.el6.i686: failure: iksemel-devel-1.4-2.el6.i686.rpm from piaf3: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

TWO

configure: error: *** JSON support not found (this typically means the libjansson development package is missing)

I've spent two days on this project and am very disappointed it fails after all this effort

(sitting our here at the end of the world in Bangkok)

Can someone tell me what to do please to finish Asterisk install and load FreePBX?

I am a skilled Windows user and at the newbie level in Linux but I learn fast if given good instructions. I have decades of telecom experience.

Thanks for all help

Jeffrey Race

+1 617 230-0877

<jrace@post.harvard.edu>

2 answers

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2016

Hi Jeffrey, 

The errors you are getting looks to be related to the installation of FreePBX. I recommend you to post this issue on their forum. Please see: 

http://community.freepbx.org/categories

Cheers, 

Renato

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

Could you explain what this has to do with Crowd?  Or even any Atlassian product?

Jeffrey Race January 20, 2016

Dear Nic and friends, I went on the centos freepbx install page and clicked "ask a question" which takes me to the Atlassian hosting site for centos.   After I input the question the last line requested a subject and none was centos or freepbx so I picked "crowd" naively thinking the meant the "crowd" of users.   What should I do to direct /redirect my question to the centos or freepbx assemblage of users? Tks for your help

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

Which page did you hit?  Because you seem to have skipped their questions system completely and followed the "help for confluence" links instead of using their site.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events