Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Database Configuration

Ayesha Karunaratne December 6, 2017

I have created a database  called CrowdTest. Given below the link to start

step4 Database configuration
https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/running-the-setup-wizard-192479.html

Tried JDBC Connection and JNDI data source. In both instances following errors pop up.

Appreciate any assistance to proceed fro this step.

JDBC Connection
Could not connect to the database: java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect

JNDI datasource
Error accessing datasource: Could not locate datasource: jdbc/CrowdTestJDBC_Config.pngJNDI_Config.png

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

In the first screenshot, when the direct JDBC option was chosen, the Crowd database name, CrowdTest should be at the end of the JDBC URL instead of "Crowd"

To use the datasource option it is necessary to first have the datasource defined in the <crowd_install>/apache-tomcat/conf/server.xml file. The JNDI name matches the datasource name in the server.xml.

Direct JDBC connections are easier to administer; especially since this seems to be a test instance I recommend using the Direct JDBC option and changing the database name at the end of the JDBC URL.

I look forward to hearing whether you can connect that way.

Ayesha Karunaratne December 10, 2017

Appreciate your reply. I checked with my DBA. I need something like the following. Database is CrowdTest. I haven't found the port ID yet

<servername>:<port>/<databasename>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events