Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable users to change their password and details

Magnum Demo January 18, 2018

Hello,

We recently bought the Jira/Fisheye/Crucible/Crowd licences.

All user groups has been set up and works, execpt there is no options for users to change their own details data and/or password in Jira or at least we havent found it yet.

Can you tell me what should I change in the Jira or Crowd to enable the mentioned functions?

Regards, Balazs

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi @Magnum Demo,

I assume that your users are stored inside Crowd. In order to allow your users to be able to change their details such as (full name, email address and password) you need to change the configuration of the Crowd directory in your products. For example in Jira you would need to change the `Crowd Permissions` in set them to `Read/Write`. 

Please note that this would also allow modifying users, groups and memberships directly in Jira to your Crowd server. Also your configured Crowd application will need to have modification permissions on your Crowd server.

Please check this documentation for more details.

Hope that helps,

Marcin Kempa

Thanks for the answer, still confused, I can see those setting what mentioned by you or by the linked document.

Let me explain what I done so far:

- Added a "Crowd Internal Directory" in Crowd.

- Added groups/users.

- Added a this directory to JIRA.

I can see this directory in JIRA fine, but there is no options to alter its setting, only test and synchronization. Let me attach a printscreen.

jira_1.jpgSo my question how can I change the setting of an existing dir? Or how can I delete if I have to add again?

Sorry, I have found the answer here Configuring user directories.

"You cannot edit, disable or remove the directory your user belongs to."

If I understand correctly I have to add an admin user to JIRA which belongs to the "JIRA internal directory" and login with that user. Is that correct?

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Yes, you need to login to Jira using a user which is defined in the other directory that you are doing changes. In your example this would be Jira Internal Directory.

Please make sure that the username is unique, as your Crowd directory is first on the list so if you try to login using a username that is in both directories, then the user from Crowd directory will shadow the one in the Jira Internal Directory.

Generally it is a good idea to maintain such an unique account in you Jira Internal Directory, just in case there is a problem with communication between Jira and Crowd.

Hope that helps,

Marcin Kempa

Lovely, your help highly appreciated, you helped me a lot!

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events