Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragon Quest: What's happened with Crowd?

Daniel Turner July 4, 2011

I've done the dragon quest a few times now to set up a few different instances of the suite.

I've just come back to do it again but noticed that the Crowd stage (which used to be first) is now completely gone?

Why is this?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2011

This is because crowd is embedded in JIRA 4.3.4. As you can see, the groups and users needed for confluence, bamboo etc are now created in JIRA.

Kimberly McKinnis August 23, 2011

Does that mean that for new installations, we don't need to purchase Crowd anymore? I have a staging setup with old versions and I need to install on my production server finally.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

You don't need it if you were using it for JIRAonly. But for single sign on between other apps etc, you might still need it. You can find more details in the Crowd docs.

Kimberly McKinnis August 23, 2011

Jobin: thanks! I don't care about SSO, but I do care about plugging it into LDAP for Confluence and Jira. I'll read up on the new docs.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2011

JIRA and Confluence can share the user base in JIRA which can be connected to LDAP. Yes, documentation is the best place to start :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events