Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrowdID inaccessible

Tobias Zimmermann April 20, 2013

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating using Atlassian products for my projects. I installed Crowd today and got everything, but CrowdID to work. Following the guide here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Removing+the+'crowd'+Context+from+the+Application+URL) to remove the context path from my installation. I doubt this is relevant, but I also set up a reverse proxy using nginx for more convenient access. I'm now wondering how to access the CrowdID web interface. I guess I would either have to remove the context path and rewrite the URLs using nginx or set up another connector in Tomcat. Is there a way around this? In case setting up another connector in Tomcat is in option, what exactly would I have to do?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi Tobias,

Can you access it from ?

http://localhost:8095/openidserver/

Tobias Zimmermann April 24, 2013
Hey, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately no. Accessing the page from localhost still returns the Tomcat 404 page.
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi Tobias,

Are you accessing regularly from localhost or a machinename or proxy address? What is the URL you're currently using to access crowd?

Ultimately, you've changed the way crowd is accessed by removing the context, but you should still be able to set up another context resource that allows you to access the other areas of crowd.

If you add another 'context' resource in the crowd's server.xml pointing to the appropriate docbase, the /openidserver/ should resolve properly. You'll need to ensure that the nginx proxy is proxying properly to point those requests to the appropriate connector.

Tobias Zimmermann April 24, 2013
Hey, I'm currently running Crowd (and the other products aswell) on a dedicated server. Hence I'm accessing them through crowd.example.com, stash.example.com, ... This is why I preferred to have a reverse proxy, those port numbers look ugly ;) I will try to setup another connector later today. Thank you for your reply.
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2013

I totally understand that - entering ports is horrible for users. I pose this question to you though, how many users are actually logging into crowd? Should be very few (only your crowd admins). Crowd isn't an end user application :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events