Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd with Jira, and other custom apps

Jamie Geyer November 10, 2011

I have this weird issue that manifests itself in a couple of different ways.

First, when I add users for jira access in crowd, they will not be able to log in to jira until I have them log into confluence first. So, they request access, i add them in crowd, they go log in to jira and get an authentication failure. I ask them to log into confluence, then log into jira again, and it works.

Second - and similar - I developed a custom REST client that we are using with Spring security. We have a very similar situation - a user requests access to our web app that uses spring with the REST client - they get authentication failed. If they go log into the crowd web app, an then go back and try again in our web app, they get in. Very strange!

Any thoughts on either?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

For anyone interested, i figured this out - i was passing the wrong credentials to the REST API by accident.

0 votes

So, I see this in the logs for crowd:

[crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] User does not have access to application 'crowd' as the directory is not allow all to authenticate and the user is not a member of any of the authorised groups

i add the user to crowd-administrators, and auth with the custom app works. Is this correct? Why would I need to add users to crowd-administrators in addition to the directories visible to the custom app? Am i doing something wrong?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events