Crowd user groups

Korneel Wever January 13, 2014

We're in the process of a merger of departments and re-evaluating our current login setup.

One thing I cannot find in the documentation is where Confluence stores it's user groups.

Ideally I'd have an ActiveDirectory, where credentials are checked against and the groups for Jira/Confluence stored in Jira/Confluence (or Crowd) but not in the AD (as i've been told it does that currenly). Is this possible?

Currently when I try to add a person with AD credentials to a group in Jira, I get an error stating it's read-only.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2014

Hi Korneel,

This is certainly possible.

I'm currently managing about 70 groups in crowd with users that are authenticated through LDAP.

All groups are created and managed in crowd and none in LDAP.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2014

You'll need to add LDAP as a User Directory to Crowd using the Directory Connector. You can select the option to administer the groups locally.

0 votes
Korneel Wever January 22, 2014

I found it too. In the Directory Connector it just needs the 'copy' checkbox. That should allow it, as then they are local authorisation with AD authentication.

Thanks!

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2014

According to my understanding it's not possible to add an LDAP user to a crowd group.

0 votes
Korneel Wever January 13, 2014

So if I understand correctly, it's not possible to have a mix between LDAP/CROWD users and 'normal' users in groups in Jira?

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

Hi Korneel,

Regarding the message read-only it happens when you try to make an user member of a LDAP group through JIRA web interface. In this situation you should edit the group membership directly in your LDAP interface.

Also, it's not possible to make a LDAP user member of a local group of Crowd.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events