Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.4.0 fails. Bootstrap Error: Not enabled: Crowd REST API

Bart Bart February 9, 2012

I am performing an upgrade on Crowd to the latest version according to the steps described on http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Upgrading+Crowd+via+Automatic+Database+Upgrade

But when I start the new installation, it fails and shows me the error page:

2012-02-10 17:20:14 fatal Required plugins failed to initialise. Please check the logs for errors and restart Crowd. Not enabled: Crowd REST API

Please help me, i want to get this up and running so my developers can continue with their jobs :)

Logfile excerpt:

2012-02-10 15:56:17,556 FelixDispatchQueue INFO [osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager] Resolved bundle com.atlassian.auiplugin (10)

2012-02-10 15:56:17,569 FelixDispatchQueue INFO [osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager] Started bundle com.atlassian.auiplugin (10)

2012-02-10 15:56:17,585 main ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.atlassian.crowd.crowd-sync-feedback' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.crowd.sync-feedback [11]: Unable to resolve 11.0: missing requirement [11.0] package; (&(package=com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.security.jersey)(version>=2.5.0)) [caused by: Unable to resolve 13.0: missing requirement [13.0] package; (package=javax.xml.bind)]. This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/1xy6D

2012-02-10 15:56:17,588 main WARN [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Unable to enable plugin 'com.atlassian.crowd.crowd-sync-feedback'

com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Cannot start plugin: com.atlassian.crowd.crowd-sync-feedback

at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:430)

at com.atlassian.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin.enable(AbstractPlugin.java:237)

at com.atlassian.plugin.impl.AbstractDelegatingPlugin.enable(AbstractDelegatingPlugin.java:213)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.actualEnable(PluginEnabler.java:114)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.enable(PluginEnabler.java:99)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.addPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:682)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.init(DefaultPluginManager.java:156)

at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.CrowdPluginManager.init(CrowdPluginManager.java:67)

at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.CrowdPluginManager.onApplicationStartedEvent(CrowdPluginManager.java:80)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker.invoke(SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker.java:36)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher$2.run(AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.java:60)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher$1.execute(AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.java:28)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.dispatch(AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.java:56)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.EventPublisherImpl.invokeListeners(EventPublisherImpl.java:151)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.EventPublisherImpl.publish(EventPublisherImpl.java:70)

at com.atlassian.crowd.console.listener.StartupListener.contextInitialized(StartupListener.java:104)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4205)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4704)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:799)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:779)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:601)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:675)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:601)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:502)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1315)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:324)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1061)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:525)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:754)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:595)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)

4 answers

0 votes
Peter Bernier March 12, 2012

I was able to get past this error by switching my JDK version from 1.7 to 1.6. (It was a slightly different problem, but was yeilding the same error message).

meena radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

I got the same error with a fresh install using jdk 1.7. After switching to JDK 1.6 now it is working.

I am wondering if this has been report to Atlassians's support?

0 votes
Johannes Teixeira February 12, 2012

Okay, could you please answer if you solved the problem? Or if the downgrade works?

Thank you in advance.

0 votes
Bart Bart February 12, 2012

Nope, haven't solved it yet. I will be downgrading to the previous version...

0 votes
Johannes Teixeira February 12, 2012

Have you solved the problem? Because I have the same one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events