Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd sync users with AD but not groups

Marek Wasilewski February 3, 2016

Hi

I'm trying to configure Crowd instance for testing purposes and SSO evaluation. I've created an Microsoft Active Directory connector and told it to get users not belonging to one group. It creates ~8k accounts when synchronize is ran and that's OK smile. But it also syncs groups with AD causing serious mess and populates these groups to connected apps creating even bigger mess (I don't want to keep useless AD groups in JIRA or Confluence). 

Is there any way to make crowd sync users only? Logging (and other app privileges) will be done with Crowd local groups.

Regards

Marek

PS I entered a fake group in "Group object filter required" field and now Crowd doesn't sync groups with AD, but it removes all local groups what results in users with empty groups tab.

1 answer

1 vote
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

Hi Marek,

"I don't want to keep useless AD groups in JIRA or Confluence"

Maybe I am missing something here, but why don't you explicitly enter the AD groups you want to keep in the group object filter?

Best regards,

Bruno 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events