cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd group/application mapping

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

Hi,

Is there a way of specifying an explicit application/group mapping in crowd?

We are using JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye together with Crowd. In Crowd we use an ActiveDirectory to provide the users to the different instances.

The groups I created are connected to the active directory but stored locally in Crowd. I created the jira groups "jira-users, jira-developers, jira-administrators" and the default groups for the other tools as well.

My Problem: When checking available groups in JIRA I found all from Crowd available groups even the ones for Confluence and Fisheye. I would expect a setting where I can specifiy which groups should be available for an application. Does this already exist somewhere?

In Crowd I found the groups tab under the application settings but this only seem to affect, which users can login into the specific instance.

I was not able to find any hint in the Crowd docs or even here.

Thank you for any hint!

Best Regards,

Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

Hi Christian,

At the moment there isn't an option to filter groups/users per application. There is an improvement request for this, but it's closed as it may bring more problems than benefit. However you may post your comments here and our developers can reconsider this decision.

Cheers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2014

Hi Christian,

I had the same question last year, I didn't find a solution then :

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/189619/making-sure-that-users-who-don-t-have-jira-permission-don-t-show-up-in-jira-when-using-crowd

I don't think anything has changed since then.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events