Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd giving 404 ( v 3.0.1 )

Gaurav Sharma December 23, 2017

Hi All,

We've had a running instance of crowd that suddenly stopped working. I've gone over all related posts but there is nothing that I could spot similar to our issue. When crowd boots up the process is running however we are getting HTTP 404 page. The only information I could dig from the logs is the following

2017-12-22 23:59:49,755 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer] Could not load properties from URL [file:${crowd.openid.home}/jdbc.properties]: ${crowd.openid.home}/jdbc.properties (No such file or directory)
2017-12-22 23:59:49,755 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer] Could not load properties from URL [file:${crowd.openid.home}/crowd.properties]: ${crowd.openid.home}/crowd.properties (No such file or directory)
2017-12-22 23:59:49,755 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer] Could not load properties from URL [file:${crowd.openid.properties}]: ${crowd.openid.properties} (No such file or directory)
2017-12-22 23:59:50,131 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [server.manager.site.ApprovalWhitelist] Using file as a site approval whitelist: /opt/atlassian/crowd/atlassian-crowd-3.0.1/crowd-openidserver-webapp/WEB-INF/classes/crowdid.approval-whitelist
2017-12-22 23:59:50,200 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [org.openid4java.server.RealmVerifier] RP discovery / realm validation disabled;
2017-12-22 23:59:51,503 openid-spray-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-2 INFO [spray.server.servlet.Boot] v2 configuration: OpenIdServerConfig(baseUri=http://localhost:8095/openidserver/v2, cookieConfig=CookieConfig(crowd.token_key), crowdRestConfig=CrowdRestConfig(baseUri=http://localhost:8095/crowd, applicationName=crowd-openid-server, applicationPassword=*****, timeout=Timeout(10 minutes)), sessionRoutes=ServletSessionRoutes(http://localhost:8095/openidserver?returnToUrl=${RETURN_TO_URL}), isRelyingPartyAuthorised=<function1>)

The following is what we've verified as well :

• Correct permission granted to all the files ( jdbc.properties / crowd.properties ) for openserver
  • No recent file change (none in the last 1 month )
  • Checked the configuration files are fine.
  • No other instance of crowd is running on the server
  • Our proxy is pointing to the correct instance
  • JVM is 1.8

Please suggest if we've missed out on anything.

Regards,
Gaurav

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2017

Hi Gaurav,

I opened a support request so I could examine materials that we shouldn't post publicly. You should see an email from the support portal soon.

After we resolve the issue we can circle back to this thread to let the Community know what we did.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events