It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Crowd for several servers/domains/applications Edited

Yet another feasibility question.

Currently we have 3 applications for which we would like to centralize the user management and get a Single Sign On:

The user management for these applications should run on:

So we have a mixture of the two examples given at https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/overview-of-sso-179445277.html.

Do we have to configure a third reverse proxy to cover the confluence on server2 - like https://server1.company.domain/manuals?

1 answer

0 votes

You don't have to configure a reverse proxy, but you do need to make sure server2 can get to Crowd and Crowd can reach it over the base url.

ok for the common user directory.

But is this also true for Single Sign On? The page that I quoted above says that the domain in the Crowd configuration differs between example 1 and 2 (domain.com vs .domain.com). Which one should we choose in our mixed configuration?

I have yet another open question because we can't get SSO to work even with one server only.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

112 views 0 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you