Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd deployment automation with terraform

Naveed Ashraf May 9, 2018

I've wriiten some terraform that deploys an AWS ELB, EC2 and RDS database for CROWD. Whilst it completes end-to-end, it doesn't squirt in my specfic database parameters, although it does create the RDS instance and implement the schema. I have to manually click on 'set up' on the splash page, and put the licence in and the URL/Port, etc. My terraform creates a crowd.cfg.xml and puts it in place so i expected it to pick all this info up from there, without me having to maunually input the info. Help!!!!!

1 answer

1 vote
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2018

Hi @Naveed Ashraf,

You've mentioned that your automation creates the schema, does it also populate the database from backup? I believe the issue may be that your database is there, but it is empty.

Additionally what is the contents of your crowd.cfg.xml I mean properties like:

<application-configuration>
<setupStep>complete</setupStep>
<setupType>install.new</setupType>
<buildNumber>892</buildNumber>

since Crowd 3.0.0 crowd.cfg.xml should be placed in {crowd-home}/shared

Hope that helps,

Marcin Kempa

Naveed Ashraf May 14, 2018

hi Marcin

we do have those details in our crowd.cfg.xml. We put 917 for the build number as we are using 3.2.0., and we have it in the {crowd home}/shared directory.

Naveed Ashraf May 14, 2018

also it doesn't populate the database as it is a 'greenfield' installation.

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2018

@Naveed Ashraf Cloud you try to restore the backup first in the database before starting Crowd? 

Crowd assumes that there is some data like Crowd application in the database and it won't recreate this on startup. 

Best Regards

Marcin Kempa

Gopal September 17, 2019

looks like it's duplicate question ; though posting the answer if someone follow's this thread instead.

Hi @Naveed Ashraf @Marcin Kempa  /anyone still looking for answer on this :

Just delete the "crowd.cfg.xml" present in your "crowd_home/shared" directory and restart crowd ; it should solve the issue posted in this thread.

So basically it would take you to /setup step and "crowd.cfg.xml" gets regenerated automatically when you follow the setup steps.

hope it helps , Thanks !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events