Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd admin without admin console

Sönke Gödecke August 10, 2017

Hi there,

we got a serious problem with our crowd installation. When we login with our crowd-admin we can only use the self-service module and not the admin console. I tried to look into this problem but did not found anything that I could fix by myself. The only information I got is that our crowd-admin is still in the crowd-administrators group. I checked it with the following MySQL query:

select u.id, u.user_name, u.directory_id from cwd_user u join cwd_membership m on u.id=m.child_id join cwd_group g on m.parent_id=g.id join cwd_directory d on d.id=g.directory_id where g.group_name = 'crowd-administrators' and d.directory_type='INTERNAL';

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sönke Gödecke August 10, 2017

Well, nevermind. I fixed it by myself.

The problem was that the directory_id field in the cwd_app_dir_group_mapping table didn't match the app_dir_mapping_id field.

I figured it out by comparing the ids from

select * from cwd_directory;

and

select * from cwd_app_dir_group_mapping;

and

select m.id, m.application_id, m.directory_id from cwd_app_dir_mapping m join cwd_directory d
  on m.directory_id = d.id join cwd_application a
  on m.application_id >= a.id
   where d.directory_type='INTERNAL' and a.application_type = 'CROWD';<code></code>

I figured it mostly out by changing some of the querys from the article restoring passwords to recover admin user rights

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2017

Hi @Sönke Gödecke

I am glad that you were able to solve this issue. However I am wondering how did you run into such problems? Would you mind describing it in more detail?  

If you like we can discuss this outside atlassian community. Here is my email: mkempa@atlassian.com

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa, Crowd Dev Lead

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events