cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd Username change

aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2013

We currently use single sign on for all of our products, but we are trying to figure out how to change some usernames. Is there anyway to go and change a person's username? Would I need to do it in the database itself? (if so, where would that be?)

Theoretically when transitioning from one to another I'd prefer all content to be remapped to the new name. I don't mind 'deleting' and then 'creating' a new account as long as when I create a new username (that theoretically would have the same email as the previous) that all the content would still be there in JIRA and Confluence.

Is that possible? It would be super nice to be able to do =D
Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

Changing username is not supported in any of the Atlassian apps. There are workarounds to do it in individual apps but no easy way to do it in single place. "Deleting" and "Creating" another account doesn't make any difference either.

aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2013

Do you know whether it will one day be supported?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2013

They are already doing it but it will be for individual apps. For example, renaming is supported in JIRA 6.0 I guess.

aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2013

O! I see what you mean by individual apps now. So since our crowd installation handles all the authentication for JIRA, even when we move over to JIRA 6.0 we wouldn't be able to alter usernames for that instance correct?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2013

Nope because it won't work in other apps. Once all apps are equiped for username change, you can probably do that in Crowd.

2 votes
hhung April 21, 2013

Renaming usernames is currently not supported in Crowd at this stage. It's on our radar of priorities to implement but is not something that will be fixed in the short term, as we are dedicating time to improving Active Directory support/integration.

You can vote on the JIRA ticket for renaming users support here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-1133

0 votes
Ivan Kovnatsky December 20, 2013

This is outdated. As newly released crowd version of 2.7.0 gives the ability to rename usernames.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events