Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd SSO Domain using a subdomain name

Jared Everett July 6, 2014

I am trying to get SSO working between all of the Atlassian products (ex. JIRA, Bamboo, Stash, Confluence) and need to configure the domain. We have a domain like 'test.example.com' that we want to use for our prodects. We will then access JIRA for example via 'test.example.com/jira'.

When I try and put 'test.example.com' into the domain on Crowd it is invalid becasue it is looking for '.example.com'. This is not what I want because we are using content reverse proxy and not subdomain name. Is there a way that I can use 'test.example.com' as the domain or should I just put 'example.com' and will that work. Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Okay well I guess I answered my own question... it was in the fine print of the documentation. I will leave this question here just because I think others will have similar questions in the future.

First, my crowd is running behind a proxy (test.example.com/crowd). I was trying to configure it from the IP address instead of the proxy address. I found my answer in the documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Domain) saying "The 'SSO Domain' field will accept only values based on the domain that is used to access the Crowd console."

After accessing Crowd via the proxy address (test.example.com/crowd) I was able to use the subdomain in the Domain field. I hope this helps in the future.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

Hi Jared,

I see that the SSO Domain field brings this information: "Leave this field empty if you want cookies to be set to the domain that requests are made to"

Have you tried to leave it empty and test the SSO?

Cheers

Thanks Tiago,

I actually did see that but that wasn't the issue. I found the answer and am posting it right now. It is simple explanation, I just needed to read the documentation more closely. I would assume that leaving it blank would work though.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events