[Crowd] Migrating from Internal to LDAP Authentication

Sebastien Erard April 1, 2014

Years ago, we set up an Atlassian deployment (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Fisheye/Crucible, Crowd) completely integrated, but without any connection to our LDAP server.

Today, I'm asked to switch from an internal Crowd directory to a LDAP delegated authenticaton. Every Crowd user exists in our LDAP with the exact same username. Ideally, only the group membership shall be kept in Crowd, with the username definition and their password managed directly by the LDAP. As this solution does not seems to exist, delegated authenticaton is the way to go.

Is there an easy way to do so? I would think of the Crowd directory importer, but it requires that the password encryption are the same in both directory, though the goal of my operation is to drop the passwords...

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

PS: Currenty running Crowd 2.4, but an update is planned in the near futur.

1 answer

0 votes
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2014

This page details an (unsupported) work around for the problem of the encryption algorithms being different between an internal and delegated authentication directory: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=391086175

There's a few relevant feature requests you might like to vote on:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events