cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd-LDAP Integration

roopa shinde May 3, 2012

Hi,

I get this error when I integrate Crowd with our organization LDAP server

No results were found from your search. org.springframework.ldap.UncategorizedLdapException: Uncategorized exception occured during LDAP processing; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906E8, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1db1]; remaining name 'dc=xyz,dc=co,dc=in'

can anyone give me some idea on this error

3 answers

1 vote
Aivo Kuhlberg February 4, 2014

I had the same problem and simplified User DN solution did not work until I figured out my stupid mistake that together with changing the Username field I had to type the password. Then it worked.

Vinícius Ferrão July 18, 2020

This wasn't your stupidity. The interface is just bad and does not alert about this. Same issue here.

Application Services October 15, 2020

I had the same error. Couldn't figure out what was wrong. Reset the password for the directory (thank you for the hint about the password), and this fixed the problem! Maybe I had a space at the end when I did copy and paste the first time.
The error message could have been more meaningful!

0 votes
Sadiq Hameed October 17, 2012

Hi

It seems your current user has no-rights on fatching the AD details, so you have to use a user credentials that can access the AD details, like;

DirectoryEntry entry = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://staff", "UserName", "PWD");

regards

Sadiq

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2012

Hi there,

Seems like this KB might helps you in this issue

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

roopa shinde May 3, 2012

Hi Septa,

Thank you for your answer , I tried with simplified User DN, but no luck.

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2012

Hi there,

It seems that it might be due to the configuration. Could you please double check if the configured baseDN is valid. It would be great to continue investigating this issue trough support channel since revealing your configuration in public may not be a good idea :).

Anyway, for now you might want to double check all the configuration as LDAP: error code 1 basically means that the application is not able to bind your LDAP server which might be cause by several reason such as

• LDAP/AD server name is incorrect
  • Port number is incorrect
  • Incorrect DN and baseDN

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events