Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd LDAP Connectivity issue : Configuring crowd to Delegated Authentication Directory

AK March 4, 2014

Hi ,

I wanted to connect my Crowd application to LDAP using Delegated Authentication Directory(Directory type). I did all the configuration set up as per the atlassian documentation. In my new crowd integration with LDAP "Microsoft Active Directory" as a connector. And Test Connection and Test Search displaying mesasge as successful. But there are no users listed from LDAP in my new crowd application.

There is already an existing Crowd server which connected to same LDAP and working fine.

Can we connect more than one crowd to LDAP.??

Could anyone help me to fix this issue..

Thanks,

Jagadeesh

2 answers

0 votes
AK March 5, 2014

Thanks so much for your reply Caspar!!

Could you please tell me where can I find the option "To create and/or update users on login" in Crowd application configuration tab which you mentioned in the above reply.

Regards,

Jagadeesh

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2014

You need to look in the directory configuration in Crowd, not the application configuration in Crowd, because it's a setting on the directory which will apply to all applications mapped to that directory. Our documentation isn't the clearest on this, but this might help.

0 votes
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2014

Using a Delegated Auth directory means that the users are managed separately from the LDAP server, but will use the LDAP server to verify users' passwords.

You need to either turn on the options in the configuration of the Delegated Auth directory to create and/or update users on login, or you need to use a normal LDAP Directory Connector instead of a Delegated Auth Directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events