• Community
  • Products
  • Crowd
  • Questions
  • Crowd Import Error 'the password encoder 'atlassian-sha1' was not found in the encoders list by the PasswordEncoder Factory'

Crowd Import Error 'the password encoder 'atlassian-sha1' was not found in the encoders list by the PasswordEncoder Factory'

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2012

I've setup a test VM with the same version of Crowd 2.0.7 and want to import the backup file from my production Crowd. During the import I receive the error "the password encoder 'atlassian-sha1' was not found in the encoders list by the PasswordEncoder Factory". The import stops at that point. The catalina.out file reflects the same error.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

The problem was that I hadn't setup my new crowd instance to communicate with the current production crowd. Once I added the application and tried the import it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events