Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd 'Can't access your account' email not being sent

Glenn Mason July 30, 2013

When a user attempts to self service password reset by using the 'Can't access your account?' link in Crowd, after the user has entered username and clicked continue, no email is sent.

The strange thing is that if a Crowd administrator resets a users password an email is sent to the user.

Why is Crowd not sending an email for a user self service password reset, but is sending an email when triggered by the adminstrator?

I've looked at the logs and can't see anything.

Help appreciated.

4 answers

0 votes
Mark_Jones January 26, 2015

Hi Glenn

I have exactly the same issue.  As administrator and can click on "Reset Password" and users will receive the email, but they won't if they request it themselves via the "Can't access..." option.

Did you ever find the cause of the problem?

Thanks

0 votes
Deleted user November 20, 2013

Hi Glenn,

Did you ever get a resolution to this?

Thanks!

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2013

Hi Glenn,

Can you check if this user belong to the crowd-user group? And if this user has an e-mail registered in Crowd?

We can enable the DEBUG in the e-mail, so you can have the user trying to reset the password and you can keep an eye on the logs. This documentation is a Confluence one, but you can use for Crowd as well:

User appears not to receive any notification

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

WZ

Glenn Mason July 31, 2013

Thanks William. I'll get that to our sysadmins and they can arrange for the restart of Crowd with the email debug on.

The users aren't in the crowd-user group, but they aren't in the test env and that is working fine.

Thanks for your help. I'll run with debug and see what happens.

Glenn Mason August 6, 2013

No luck William.

I can see the JAVA_OPTS for the running Crowd process with -Dmail.debug=true but no addditional logging is shown anywhere.

Any other ideas?

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2013

Hi,

It's not clear to me your question, but according to my understanding Crowd will not send an email to new users as we can see here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-2972

Feel free to comment!

Bernardo

Glenn Mason July 31, 2013

Bernardo, Crowd will send an email to a user if they request a password reset from the /crowd/console/forgottenlogindetails!default.action page. This works in our test environment but not production (always the way).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events