Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd 3.2.3 extremely slow after upgrade from 2.7.2

Aleks G July 9, 2018

A few days ago we upgraded our Crowd installation from 2.7.2 to 3.2.3.  After this upgrade, application performance us terrible.  It takes close to 10 seconds to log in, any searching or listing operations takes an awful long time.  Simply clicking on "Directories" to get a list of directories takes more than 30 seconds.

Looking a the dev tools waterfall, I can see that it takes browse.action taking 18.49 seconds, after which batch.css and batch.js respectively taking 11.08 and 12.03 seconds.

This is definitely not normal, 2.7.2 was lightning fast compared with this.  Any help resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2018

Hi Aleksander,

To get started, please:

1. Under Admin > Logging & Profiling in Crowd:
    • Change the com.atlassian.crowd package to DEBUG.
    • Enable profiling.
  2. Replicate the performance issues you are seeing in Crowd (e.g. log out and log in, browse users, etc.)
  3. Post the resulting errors from CROWD_HOME_DIRECTORY/atlassian-crowd.log on this thread (Crowd Home is specified in the following file: <crowd_install_directory>/crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/classes/crowd-init.properties)
  4. List the directories and applications active in your Crowd instance.
  5. Provide rough estimates of the number of users and groups that are available in each LDAP directory configuration.
  6. Provide information about the network location of any LDAP servers in respect to the Crowd server (e.g. same subnet, different networks, different states).
  7. If using Active Directory, is SSL enabled?

Please let us know if there were any other changes to the database, network, server, proxy or other infrastructure corresponding with the upgrade.

Thanks,

Ann

Aleks G July 10, 2018

Thanks for your reply.  I can't find how to attach the log - any pointers? Here are the rest of the details:

1. Directories - one internal (with one admin user) plus 4 Active Directory ones.  There are approximately 2500 users across the 4 active directories, however only about 50 or os are authenticating

2. Of the ADs, one is located in the same physical data centre, the other ones are in other locations connected by dedicated 1GB links to the one where Crowd is hosted - different subnets on the same larger networks (e.g. 172.19/16, 172.20/16, etc.)

3. Connected applications are: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Crowd, Google-Apps, Crowd-OpenID-Server

4. SSL is enabled on Active Directories

Thanks,
-Aleks

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2018

Hi Aleks,

We cannot attach files here, though we can put log snippets in code quotes using the Format menu.

However, we would like to take a closer look and ask for more logs and configuration files. I opened a support request in your name for this purpose, you should hear from me on that via email shortly. After we resolve the issue I will circle back to let the Community know what we found.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events