Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd 2.7.0 won't start apache or the configurator. etchedit

Robert Finley October 24, 2013

Ok, started out with 10-user licenses for Confluence and JIRA. Now, Management is drooling and getting anxious to get 25user licenses except I took 2.6.2 apart to install Crowd and took out the entire system.

Prefer Solaris but stuck in a Windows-only place. Launched start_crowd.bat from a command tool with admin privs. I can only do screen shots at this point since it's not happy enough to start logging anything.

INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor C:\Program Files\Atlassian\atlassian-crowd-2.7.0\apache-tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\crowd.html

No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath

then

Unable to move C:\Program Files\Atlassian\atlassian-crowd-2.7.0\crowd.cfg.xml7724346764409221781tmp to c:\Program Files\atlassian\atlassian-crowd-2.7.0\crowd.cfg.xml

Something is running in the background. But, Apache is clearly not working.

2 answers

0 votes
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2013

Glad you got it sorted; my guess would have been that the process may not have had write permissions to the directory.. but launching it as an admin should have worked around that. Anyway, next time you run into a "I give up, who knows what's going on" blocker like this, please feel free to raise a support request (especially if it's caused your system to be down!).

0 votes
Robert Finley October 24, 2013

*rubs eyes* ok, now configurator is talking. Wish I had a better reason why than I left it running overnight.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events