cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd 2.4.0 Migration

Neil Taylor May 28, 2013

Hello!

I am migrating crowd (2.4.0) to a new server. I followed this procedure:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD024/Migrating+Crowd+Between+Servers

Copied the folders, updated the config files, backed up the database and restored it to the new SQL Server. (MS SQL 2008r2)

Crowd started up with no problem and I believe it has a connection to the database. The issue I'm seeing is when I try to login, it's not accepting my password. I tried to do a password reset and I can seeing in the java command line area of Crowd that it is trying to send an e-mail to my correct e-mail address (the mail server probably needs reconfigured) but the e-mail doesn't come through.

Any ideas?? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Hi Neil,

In order to get a better idea of your authentication failure, it would be necessary to review the logs. Specifically atlassian-crowd.log which is located in <Crowd_HOME_Dir>/logs/.

One of the common issue with migrated Crowd is users sometimes for get to follow the direction mentioned on our documentation, specifically this point:

Ensure that the address list includes at least the following items: 'localhost', '127.0.0.1' and the IP address or hostname of the machine that is going to receive the new Crowd instance. This list determines the hosts that can access the Crowd Administration Console.

If the new IP address of the server is not declared, it would be impossble to access Crowd trough the new server. Would it be possible for you to access Crowd trough a machine with a registered IP address on pre-migrated server.

I hope you can post your logs for review, please note that this is a public forum, so do cencored the logs if necessary.

Regards,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Neil Taylor June 14, 2013

Thanks for the reply - I got in by reseting my password directly in the database. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events