Changing CROWD "Remote Addresses" through database?

Mike Monette April 24, 2014

Hi,

We just switched our network to a new range of IP's. I forgot all about adding this new range of IPs to crowd under "Remote Addresses" and now I am locked out.

I have made LDAP changes manually in the database by updating the stuff I believe in "cwd_directory_attribute"

Is there any table that keeps track of the remote addresses allowed to login? I would really like to just modify the existing IP address to be that of the new network.

I would really like to do this through the database because otherwise I need to give them the old network addresses, login, add the new network address to the "Remote Addresses" and then change all the IPs to the new network again.

Tanks for any help..

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Monette April 24, 2014

Got it. Funny, I have been looking for this on and off for a very long time. But right after asking the question, I finally find it.

It is in the crowd database under cwd_application_address

Hope it helps someone

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2014

Glad you got it sorted. For anybody else who runs into this, this is a manifestation of CWD-2315; that issue has more information on fixing the problem, and you may like to vote on the issue to have the underlying cause fixed.

As always, if you have an urgent issue (e.g. you have been locked out of your production Crowd instance), please do not hesitate to create a support issue so our support team can help you resolve the issue.

Mike Monette May 3, 2014

Yeah, another thing I started doing now to prevent this is adding the hostname of the servers under Remote Addresses.. I don't think localhost would work, but something that resolves to the IP you're hitting crowd on

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events