Change page title in Crowd

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Does anyone know how to change the page title for the various pages that users access in Crowd? (such as forgot login details, reset password, etc).

The page title defines the text that appears in the tab of the browser. It is prefaced with the Crowd favicon, then the text "Atlassian Crowd" and then the value of a string set in the various console pages.

What I can't figure out is how to remove or change the "Atlassian Crowd - " part. I was hoping it was a property or something and didn't require modifying a class.

Here's a screen cap of what I'm talking about:

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

Thanks, William, I was mucking with that file (and other JSPs in the console, but could not seem to suppress the "Atlassian Crowd" part of the title. I finally tried a few more things, and just replacing application.title and removing the decorator:title element seemed to work. So now I use the following and it works great:

<title>

<ww:text name="Verivo Login"/>

</title>

Thanks for following up, but it seems like I don't need to find the source of the application.title property after all. Just removing it entirely works ok.

matt

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2013

That's awesome Matt! Thank you for sharing the solution with us. :)

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2013

That's awesome Matt! Thank you for sharing the solution with us. :)

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2013

Hi Matthew,

I spent a bit of time, trying to get a clue where this option could be found, and it seems that we need to modify a .JSP class.

After researching, it seems that the Atlassian Crowd, isn't a string but is a content of an attribute called name, place inside the tag ww:text as you can see here:

&lt;title&gt;
        &lt;ww:text name="application.title"/&gt;&amp;nbsp;-&amp;nbsp;&lt;decorator:title/&gt;
    &lt;/title&gt;

This file is located in the /crowd-webapp/console/decorator/default.jsp I'm not sure where the application.title is coming from, but once we found it, will be easy to change.

I know that doesn't help, but is just a lead to where to look. :)

Cheers,

WZ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events