Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install crowd (Application does not exist)

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

I have problem with installing Crowd on Red Hat 5.5 (with MySQL 5.0). I get SQL exception after specifying default Crowd administrator (unfortunately, I didn't save stacktrace of the error). After this exception I get message 'Application <crowd> does not exist'. This error does not allow to proceed with Crowd installation, I'm stuck on the 'Integrated Applications' phase.

How could I fix the Crowd installation?

3 answers

0 votes
JustinK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

Is "2-FRNAVSERV108-0" the name of the administrator you created for the instance?

I think the easiest thing to do atm. Would be to drop and re-create the database + delete the files in the home directory and restart the installation process.

My guess is somehow you have gone through the setup process twice (??) and now the database is in a very inconsistent state, a simple re-install of Crowd following what I have said abive is the best option.

Cheers,

Justin

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2012

I did what you recommend (delete CROWD_HOME dir contents and truncate crowd database) at least 3 times. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

I don't know what 2-FRNAVSERV108-0 means, but FRNAVSERV108 is the hostname of the machine where I'm installing crowd. And I didn't supply this hostname explicitly. As far as I remember, crowd got it without asking me.

0 votes
Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2012

Here is the stacktrace of error happening after specifying of crowd administrator: (crowd-stacktrace.safe.txt)

0 votes
Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2012
Here is the stacktrace of error happening after specifying of crowd administrator:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events