It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can user access for Jira Cloud be managed by Crowd Data Center?

Hi,

We have Cloud versions of Jira and Confluence, on-prem version of Crowd Data Center. Can user management be done for cloud versions of Atlassian products with data center version of Crowd on-prem? 

If this is possible, can someone from the community point me to the documentation?

Thanks,

Arjun

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Arjun Kanniah 

As of today, Crowd does not ship with a built-in directory connector to Atlassian Cloud so you can't manage your Atlassian Cloud users and groups from Crowd, at least directly.

However, Crowd does provide connectors for LDAP directories such as Active Directory. If you sync your Active Directory users and groups to a supported Identity Provider such as

• Azure AD (via Azure AD Connect)
  • Okta (via Okta AD agent)
  • Onelogin (via Onelogin AD Connector)

You can then sync those latter identities to Atlassian Cloud thanks to Atlassian Cloud SCIM API.

In the end, you would thus have

Crowd -> AD -> Azure AD / Okta / Onelogin -> Atlassian Cloud

And you would actually manage your Atlassian Cloud users and groups through Crowd.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Metrics Fun: 2019 in Review

Hello, Atlassian Community!  I thought it would be fun to do something different for my teams' last retrospective of 2019 so I'm planning to do a "year in review" with info-graphics.  Wha...

182 views 2 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you