Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to CROWD with AD Account

Bender Bending Rodriguez December 1, 2017

Hello,

I have installed CROWD 3.0.2 on a Server.  I added an Active Directory Directory to the CROWD Server via the Connector option.  I can run successful synchs.  However, I am unable to login to CROWD with an AD account. 

I have created a few test accounts in my AD.  I create group in my AD called crowd-administrators and assigned those test accounts to that group. 

If I do searches for Users or Groups within CROWD, no results will show when I select the AD Directory.

What am I missing?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

Hi @Bender Bending Rodriguez!

As I understand you do not see your users nor groups in Crowd that were created in AD?

In this situation I would suggest checking the Base DN option if it points to the correct path as well as User object filter and Group object filter in Configuration tab.

Additionally do you see any errors in Crowd's log file?

Once you can see those users and groups, in order to be able to log into Crowd please make sure that this AD directory is mapped to Crowd application (you might already did that, but I did not get this from your description)

Hope that helps

Marcin Kempa

Bender Bending Rodriguez December 1, 2017

I did have to adjust my Base DN and also map CROWD.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events