Can i add ldap users to internal directory group?

Maxim Kraynov March 12, 2013

Hi, all!

If i create ldap user directory in confluence, i can configure Read Only, with Local Groups mode(Users, groups and memberships are retrieved from your LDAP server and cannot be modified in Confluence. Users from LDAP can be added to groups maintained in Confluence's internal directory.)

Can i get same configuration in Crowd - add ldap users to internal directory groups. I need this, cause I haven't enough permission to create groups in our corporate AD. Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

Hi Maxim,

Good news, this feature is just implemented to the latest release version of Crowd as describe on this bug report:

For detailed information, please refer to our Crowd 2.6 release notes. Hope it clarifies your doubts.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Thank you very much for your fast answer!

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

Glad to hear that it help.

Cheers.

1 vote
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2013

Hi Maxim,

I believe you can set the AD connection on Crowd as 'Delegated Authentication' and only synchronize the users from the AD, handling all user membership in Crowd.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Configuring+a+Delegated+Authentication+Directory

Hope this helps,

Marcus

This information is usefull for me too. Thnx

Ali September 3, 2013

Don't the users (in Active Directory, for example) have to authenticate with Crowd first, before they are visible to Crowd and can be added to a Crowd group?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events