Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Jira Crowd with two Jira installations (Jira Service Desk & Confluence)?

Saleh January 6, 2020

Hi,

I am looking to use Jira Crowd for Office 365 (200 users).

I have Server A running Jira Service Desk (Server Edition), and Server B running Jira Confluence (Server Edition). Jira Service Desk is linked to Confluence.

Can I use a single instance of Jira Crowd for both servers or do I need to pay for 400 users instead of 200?

There will only be 3 agents, but 200 users will need to create tickets via the customer portal, and be able to read the knowledge base.

This is being used as an internal help desk but need Jira Crowd for O365 SSO.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2020

Yes, Crowd acts as a single directory for your users - you can connect as many applications as you want to it, all of which can then use it for a single source of accounts.

You can do much more complex things, but a lot of people use it in the most obvious and simple way.  If you get a 200 licence for Crowd, you get 200 for Confluence and 200 for Jira as well - one list of users in all three applications.

As long as your 3 agents in Jira are inside the 200 users for Crowd, you won't need more licences (Jira licences can do complicated things like 50 developers, 100 users and 3 agents). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events