Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Crowd be used as SSO middleware?

Christian Kretzschmar May 29, 2017

Hi guys,

we're currently evaluating if Crowd could be used as a SSO middleware, to handle a multi login provider scenario. We got different identidy providers (based on OpenID) we want to connect to Crowd.

We also want to add a custom application, where users want to login, to Crowd. When the users is redirected from this custom application to Crowd, a routing mechanism should be triggered, which will authenticate the user against the custom application and the identidy provider itself.

From my perspective the use case could not be implemented using Crowd. Am I right or is there something I missed? Maybe someone has evaluate/realized a similiar scenario and can share some thoughts on it.

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

1 answer

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2017

Hello Christian,

I think you are correct. I don`t see how adding Crowd will help you achieve your goal. 

Maybe you could look into the openid add-on. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=openid

Cheers,

Lars

Christian Kretzschmar June 14, 2017

Hi Lars,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the OpenID AddOn didn't help to fulfill our use case.

Since my initial post we found some other options to build our use case.

Cheers,

Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events