Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CROWD - How to extend the LDAP connector to get more user attributes ?

Valerie AQUILA May 13, 2013

Hello,

I'm evaluating Crowd and I'm particularly interested to extend the LDAP connector to get more users attributes (and maybe also more groups attributes).

At this time, I've not yet a Crowd licence.

The doc says:

"If you need support for additional LDAP attributes, the Crowd LDAP connector can be extended. With a license purchase, full source is available and the LDAP connectors can be modified to support any number of attributes."

But how could I evaluate this feature without having the full source? this is one major point that makes us decide to buy a licence.

Also, is there somewhere a doc that explains how to extend the LDAP connector ?

Thanks in advance !

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Hi Valerie,

Here you can find all Crowd classes and which methods you can use. As for the source, I'd suggest that you get in touch with our sales department (sales@atlassian.com) if you have any question about the license.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Valerie AQUILA May 15, 2013

Hi Tiago,

Ok, thank you for the answer.

I'll wait my management decision and contact your sales department.

Regards

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013
Valerie AQUILA May 13, 2013

Hi Jobin,

First, thanks for your quick answer.

I've a look on https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CROWDDEV/Creating+a+Custom+Directory+Connector

I understand I've to write my own code. Nevertheless, in the MyCustomDirectoryServer template shown in the doc, the comment says

// The source code to the InternalDirectory, which comes with your commercial license is a good implementation example.

But as long as I'm evaluating Crowd, I don't have a commercial licence, so I don't have the source code, and I can't find what to write here in this class ??

Could you point me to an example ?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

I am afraid I don't have an example with me. Yes, getting source code would be the best thing to do but that requires license (even a $10 license will do). Check with Atlassian as Tiago suggested about questions on licensing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events