Backup LDAP in Crowd

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2014

Hi All,

Does anybody know if you can easily install a Backup LDAP in Crowd?

This LDAP should only be used if the Main LDAP Server is down.

Is there an easy way to copy the groups and to keep them synced if you manage your groups in crowd?

Just wondering.

Best regards,
Peter

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew_Sheedy January 22, 2014

An approach would be to setup your second LDAP server to replicate from your primary server.

Then in crowd, specify both directories with the replicated server with a lower priority as the first.

That way, crowd will use your primary server, only looking up your second should there be a failure (authentication or otherwise).

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2014

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response, the approach you suggested is also the one I want to follow. The problem is that my groups are managed within crowd. So I would need to manually copy all the groups to the new LDAP directory.

So now I'm wondering if there is a way to copy these groups automatically within Crowd.

Best regards,

Peter

Andrew_Sheedy January 23, 2014

Ah, sorry didn't notice that part of the question.

There's 2 approaches.

Under the User menu, you can use the Import Users section to import from one directory to another.

If your users are already migrated (and not the groups), then you can use the CSV Importer in the same section. The trouble would be to get your existing user > group memberships, though you could figure this out using the REST api.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events