Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute size

tmv March 28, 2012

We are planning to store additional user's attributes in Crowd. The max size for the attribute in Crowd right now is only 255 characters. We need to store up to 2000 characters. I updated the DB table and Crowd seems accept the attribute with larger size fine.

alter table cwd_user_attribute modify (attribute_value varchar2(2000));

alter table cwd_user_attribute modify (attribute_lower_value varchar2(2000));

Only a small number of users will have this attribute so I'm not concerning about performance hit. Will this change cause an upgrade issue later on? Are those attributes going to get truncated back to 255 chars.

1 answer

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2013

I believe we will not have problems regarding the column types, however we cannot guarantee that changes in the database model will occur on the newest versions, which can truncate your data. Even though you can perform the customizations, and bear in mind that that some manual procedures will be necessary during the upgrade process to avoid loss of data on those columns.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events