Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian applications switching with no login prompt for already logged in users

WEBCODER LTD (EU) July 22, 2014

We just installed three Atlassian applications (latest versions from July 2014) i.e. CROWD, JIRA, CONFLUENCE + STASH. They are integrated with CROWD and its user base. Though, when switching between domains e.g. jira.domain.ext, crowd.domain.ext, confluence.domain.ext, stash.domain.ext users are still being prompted for username and password for each application even though they already have/are logged in in any of the mentioned apps. I was expecting that it woud work like SSO and allow logged in users to seamelssly switch between Atlassian products via their app switcher button. Is this intended behaviour or have we missed anything during setup that would enable such feature? Ta, David

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
WEBCODER LTD (EU) July 29, 2014

"Crowd SSO Domain configuration: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Domain
Take note of the proxy configuration on connector if proxy used in the environment.

JIRA SSO: Look here
Confluence SSO: Look here
Stash SSO: Look here

I believe the domain url you configured are okay in this case except you might want to take note on the proxy configuration (if you used in the environment) at the tomcat connector.

Do take some time to read through the documentation for now and let me know if you have any questions or any difficulties when you try with the configuration."

Thank you Tacken!

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

Hi David,

seraph-config.xml file should be located under the same directory which is <Atlassian_app_install_dir>/<app_name>/WEB-INF/classes/. crowd.properties should be in the same directory, with the detail of each application name and credential. So Confluence's and JIRA's crowd.properties content should be different.

Hope your issue would be resolved soon.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
WEBCODER LTD (EU) July 22, 2014

Hi Septa,

I've logged a ticket with you where included all apps' config settings. I also looked for the mentioned above files:

crowd.properties

application.name crowd
application.password standard password
application.login.url @CROWD@/console/

crowd.server.url @CROWD@/services/

session.isauthenticated session.isauthenticated
session.tokenkey session.tokenkey
session.validationinterval 2
session.lastvalidation session.lastvalidation

Though, I was unable to locate seraph-config.xml in eg. JIRA.
The config files/folders structure appears to be different in each application - wouldn't it be easier for all to keep the same structure across apps?

Cheers, David

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

Hi David,

May I know if you have enabled SSO on all the integrated applications by chaging their seraph-config.xml and copied over the necessary crowd.properties into each applications as describe here. If the above configuration are already in place including the SSO domain in Crowd administration we would need to review your logs to further investigate this issue.

Since your logs may include sensitive information, we would highly recommend you to create an issue on our support channel so we could review it confidentially.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events