cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding users to Crowd from a AD directory

Quin Kan July 13, 2017

Hello,

I am new to Atlassian.

In Crowd, we have created a Directory (called it D), that is "Delegated authentication directory", and that is tied to our Microsoft Active Directory.

When I do a "Add user" to D, it shows a screen with fields for email address, user name, password ...

I thought we can just search the user, by email say, and add them to D.

With password is being a required field, does it that only the users themselve can add themselve to D, and we as admin cannot add users?

Or there is a way to add users or import users from the Microsft Active Directory without knowing the users' password?

Thank you

Q

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2017

With a delegated directory the user is automatically added when they log in - you don't have to add them. With a connector directory the users are synchronized over in batches periodically.

Please see this article - it refers to Confluence but is accurate for Crowd, too.

Please review these docs for Crowd, they should help you understand your options:

Configuring a Delegated Authentication Directory

Configuring an LDAP Directory Connector

Please let me know any follow up questions.

Quin Kan July 13, 2017

Thank you Ann! 

I read up on the articles you provided, and found they contain very useful information to help us learning more of the Atlassian tools!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events