Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a welcome page with list of atlassian products after login in CROWD

Emidio Stani December 9, 2012

Hi all,

In my organization we have CROWD as SSO between the atlassian products.

The client is asking if it is possible to add an intermediate page, after the successful login, with links to the current applications, so the idea would be redirect the login in CROWD to the intermediate page where the user can choose which application want to enter.

I don't believe is feasible without development, thanks for confirming that.

Alternatively we could let the user login in JIRA and put the links to the other applications in the introduction gadget.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

Hello Emidio,

You are correct in your assumption that this behavior is not possible without some further development. Crowd uses a rest service to communicate with all of the Atlassian Applications. That service only handles and authrozation challenge and response. There is no way that I am aware of to push extra data, like the other applications Crowd is configured to provide authorization for, across this serivce. I would be happy to file a feature request for this functionality, but I am not sure that it would gain a lot of traction.

Your stopgap solution of providing an information blurb about and link to the other services your company uses is probably the best one. We have a document on how to customize the login screen in Confluence that I will include below. This may be the most appropriate place to put this information as users will only be exposed to it once and not continually shown links to your other products.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+the+Login+Page

Please let us know what else we can to to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events