sso is not working for confluence ,jira and bitbucket

sankar sankar August 13, 2019

Hi Team,

sso is not working for confluence, jira, and bitbucket.

followed all the steps, whichever given in Atlassian articles.

Please suggest/help us to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Sankar G

3 comments

Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2019

Hi Sankar,

You did not mention the Atlassian article used in this case. For SSO, do you use crowd? or any other SSO providers or custom authenticators? Are there any errors in the log file with respect to this issue?

-Shankar

sankar sankar August 14, 2019

Hi Shankar Asam,

Thanks for quick reply.

for confluence integration with crowd :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/integrating-crowd-with-atlassian-confluence-198573.html

for bitbucket integration with crowd :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/integrating-crowd-with-atlassian-bitbucket-server-296093871.html

but still, it is showing the logging screen.

Thanks

Sankar

Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2019

Hi sankar, 

It's very hard to tell which part of the documentation is causing the issue unless you find something from your side. I guess logs should really help in this case. 

-Shankar

sankar sankar August 15, 2019

is crowd will work with SSO ? or I need to go for another plugin. 

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2019

Hey @sankar sankar 

I recently evaluated crowd server. If you are looking for single login page for all atlassian applications. It is not possible with crowd server version. 

You can still achieve SSO with crowd. For eg if you login in JIRA, you will automatically logged into Confluence. This would work out of the box if you followed steps on atlassian documentation. 

Your information is very vague for someone to really help you. Contact atlassian support with support zip.  

Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2019

Sankar,

Crowd is designed for centralised user management and single sign on. It will work best with all Atlassian applications. Please create a ticket with Atlassian support on your issue as you've followed the steps given in the document

sankar sankar August 19, 2019

error.PNG

Continuously I am getting this error..how to delete crowd directory via command line.

it is always referring to crowd directory ..not to my company directory and there is no option to remove crowd directory directly.

Please help me any tips on this ..how to delete crowd directory.

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2019

Couple of things you can try:

1. Open incognito mode and try to login by entering captcha

2. You always need to have an internal admin account. But this may not work if you enabled crowd SSO authenticator.

Couple of things to check

1. Check the order of your user directories. You can check cwd_directory table in database. 

2. You can disable or enable or change directories from database. Make sure to restart your instance.

3. If you want to your company user directory, make sure to reverse all the steps you have done to integrate crowd. 

If you are not sure what I am talking or new to JIRA administration, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND contacting atlassian support. 

Like # people like this
sankar sankar August 22, 2019

Hi Team,

My requirement is   "full" Windows desktop SSO (which means that your users log onto Windows and then can use Atlassian applications without being asked any username and password)

is it possible with the Atlassian crowd. ?

Thanks 

Sankar G

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events