com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector@98898a0 -- APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! C

N B February 19, 2018

2018-02-19 10:05:49,834 C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->31alg59t187kpw61r3sacz|6a3140aa]-AdminTaskTimer WARN [mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner] com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector@98898a0 -- APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Creating emergency threads for unassigned pending tasks!

Is this a bug? I only tried to remove a user from a group and the Crowd server appears to have crashed...

2 comments

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2018

Hi @N B

It's hard to tell what is the underlying issue without seeing the complete log and stack traces. But maybe those answers will keep you going forward:

Generally it looks like a problem with resources, and a high load.

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

N B February 19, 2018

Thanks! I've increased the Xmx setting and appears to be running better now. Most likely not enough memory for the JVM.

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2018

Sounds good, lets monitor it for couple of days and then close this topic here.

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

Steve August 8, 2018

@N B @N B has this problem gone away for you? We are experiencing the same on 3.2.3

N B August 8, 2018

Hi, trying to remember as this was a while back. I seem to remember it being caused by the Crowd cache being out of sync with the current configuration. 

Try deleting the Crowd cache directory. I think its in .../var/... on Linux and restarting the Crowd server with clean cache.

Also check the ownership of the Crowd cache directory tree, that it matches the user who the Crowd server is running as.

Also beware of running an Atlassian server as a user other than root as you cannot bind to ports 80 or 443 without major headaches

Cheers,

Nathan

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events