cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User inactivation during vacation

Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

Hi guys!

I would like to start a discussion on the market standard (if there is one) for user inactivation during vacation.

Our users are marked as inactive when they enter their vacation time and then marked as active when they come back to the company.

The issue is: Portfolio for Jira users disappear from the Plan as soon as they are marked inactive.

In this scenario, activities that were assigned for them (even for dates after the user is back) are distributed to other users. Also, it is not possible to assign new issues for the users to work when they get back to work and it is not possible to add them to a Team (while setting up Portfolio for Jira for a new team).

Do you guys face a similar problem? How do you deal with that?

Thank you very much!

Cris

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2018

Why?

Users who are away but coming back are not "inactive", they're just off for some reason.

Inactivation is not for holidays, it's for people leaving.  Stop inactivating people who you know will come back and you need to plan for, it's the wrong thing to do.

Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

Hi Nic! How are you doing?

This process is done by another team in our company.

I will try to talk to them in order to change this process.

Thank you very much for giving me your point of view.

Cris

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events