Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I finally got one of my spring boot apps integrated with our crowd server. Here's what worked...

jtaala February 5, 2018

So I finally got one of my spring boot apps integrated with our crowd server.

Wrote up a small guide for what worked for me (see link below).  Following Atlassian's guide didn't work out well...

Atlassian Crowd integration with Spring Boot app (with Spring Security)... what ended up working

1 comment

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

Hi @jtaala,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Crowd's documentation and sharing a solution to your problem. I am sad to hear that our documentation is not that precise and easy to follow in order to build such integration. I will take a note on that to work on improving the current state.

Would a sample application and a complete source code be of any help for you?

In your project, I assume that you do not need to rely on SSO capabilities from Crowd?

Do you also need CrowdSecurityFilter, since you are bypassing the super doFilter method?

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

jtaala February 5, 2018

Thanks Marcin,

Actually it wasn't that bad - and the guide did kind of "guide" me in the sense that when it didn't work I could generally identify where the issue was (or wasn't) and what I needed to focus on and research.

A very small sample application would likely have helped - although, given that implementations and approaches can differ so much, it might prove more useful in some cases and not so much in others.

Good point re the CrowdSecurityFilter - just tested and looks like is not needed at all so will remove it.  I could have sworn when testing previously that without extending it, the default CrowdSecurityFilter was redirecting everything (although it was likely before I completely removed the applicationContext-CrowdRestClient.xml).

I do plan on getting SSO implemented soon and will attempt that sometime this week.

Thanks again Marcin,

Jay.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events