Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble adding external user to Jira

Ian Todhunter December 1, 2017

Hi,

I am trying to give access to an external user to a certain project within Jira. I have added them as a user to crowd, created a group for their company and given that group application access to both Jira Software and the project requested.

The user and group show up in Jira in the correct places, but when they try to login it gives them an incorrect username and password.

I have created a test account the same way and receive the same results.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or tell me what I am doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

3 comments

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2017

Sounds like a passwords or directory issue.  You can use the verification tool in Crowd to test.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/testing-a-user-s-login-to-an-application-103088399.html  

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2017

Hi @Ian Todhunter!

When you say you've given this new group application access to Jira Software do you mean that you did that in Jira Software itself like mention here in the documentation or in Crowd. You need to give this new group access both in Jira and in Crowd.

Hope that helps!

Marcin Kempa

Ian Todhunter December 5, 2017

I was able to figure this out, thanks for the help!

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Was this related to application access in Crowd? or was it another type of a problem? Maybe Crowd documentation was not clear enough? Is there something that could be improved?

Thanks,

Marcin Kempa

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events