Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get an early access to Delegated group level admin in Crowd 3.3

Marek Radochonski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

We are pleased to announce that we have released Early Access Program for Crowd 3.3 which includes Delegated Group Level Admin in Crowd.

With Delegated Group Level Admin in Crowd you are now able to nominate a Group Owner for specific groups that will be able to add and remove users from those groups.

If you have Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket or any other Atlassian self-hosted application connected to Crowd then the changes done by Group Owner will be effective also in those products and instances.

This way you can have a centralized place, Crowd to manage the groups across Atlassian self-hosted products by Group Owners.

You can download the EAP from here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/crowd/download-eap

Please note that to use Delegated Group Level Admin in Crowd you will need Crowd Data Center license.

You can create your free evaluation license for Crowd Data Center here https://my.atlassian.com/license/evaluation

If you need any assistance with the Crowd Data Center installation you can follow our Getting started guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/installing-crowd-data-center-935369773.html

We hope that you will enjoy this version as much as we do! Stay tuned for the GA release as it's just around the corner!

Please reply directly to me via email to share your feedback or just add your comments here.

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

Best regards,

Marek Radochonski
Senior Product Manager, Crowd
mradochonski@atlassian.com

1 comment

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2018

Hi @Marek Radochonski

I'm thinking in using the Atlassian Crowd in our company. 

One of the features the interested us is the delegated group level admin, with that I think we can archive an higher level of ownership for the project owners. 

But, when i see the it is only available on the DC version I got a bit upset. There is no other reason for us to use the DC instead of the server. 

With that, when can we expect the delegated group level admin on the server version of Crowd?

Best regards, 

Pedro Felgueiras 

Like Marek Radochonski likes this
Marek Radochonski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2018

Hi @Pedro Felgueiras,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your perspective.

With every Atlassian Data Center product including Crowd Data Center we are addressing the challenges enterprise organizations are facing as they grow.

You may see similar investments happening in Jira (with archiving and custom fields optimizer) or Confluence (with read-only mode).

Delegated administration in Crowd is targeted at large or growing organizations, thus it has been delivered as part of our Data Center offering. We are going also in future to add this kind of features to our Data Center product line while delivering the basics in Server.

The rule of thumb for Server and Data Center functionalities is that you may expect global admin and infrastructure related features to be part of our Data Center offering.

Also as Data Center features we consider features that:

• provide more control and administration at scale
  • deliver uptime and business continuity that enterprises need
  • improve performance at scale
  • provide deployment flexibility, such as taking advantage of an Infrastructure-as-a-Service provider? (eg. Amazon Web Services or Azure)
  • are best built on a multi-node architecture

Even though we use this process across our various product teams, we are constantly challenging ourselves to focus on the needs of each offering’s core customers.

Whether you’re using Server or Data Center, we continue to improve our products in a way that reflects your needs.

Best regards,
Marek | Senior Product Manager, Crowd Server & Data Center

Comment

AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events