Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force a rebuild of a pull request?

Kurt Pattyn July 25, 2014

We are using the Jenkins Webhook plugin to notify Jenkins of a changes in the Stash repo. This works as long as new commits are push to Stash.

But how can we trigger a rebuild of a pull request when no new commit has been pushed?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2014

Hi Kurt,

As you pointed out, Stash will only notify Jenkins when new commits are added. If you want to rebuild a pull request at the same commit (due to a flaky test, say) I'd recommend re-running the failed build from the Jenkins UI. I'm not that familiar with Jenkins as we use Bamboo internally, but something like the Jenkins Rebuild Plugin may help you here.

cheers,

Tim

Kurt Pattyn July 26, 2014

Well, actually we also tried the Rebuild Plugin, but that does not work either because the Git Plugin keeps the latest checkout in memory.
I implemented a workaround by implementing a bookmarklet that searches for the latest commit id in the HTML page of Stash; this plugin is then using the REST API of the Jenkins Git Plugin to trigger the correct build.

This issue is registered at https://github.com/Nerdwin15/stash-jenkins-postreceive-webhook/issues/64. Currently a solution is being worked out; see: https://github.com/Nerdwin15/stash-jenkins-postreceive-webhook/pulls

Maybe Atlassian can have a helping hand there :-) ?

TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2014

Looks like a fun project, if I can steal some time I'll take a look at it - though as I mentioned, my experience with Jenkins is a little limited :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events