Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off the Fix version flag on the Backlog view of my Scrum board

dmeyers April 2, 2020

The backlog view on my Scrum board currently displays all of my issues in the various sprints and the backlog.  The issues with an entered Epic link display a colored flag with the Epic Name.  I have recently started using the Fix Version field and it is now displaying a colored flag with the Release name in the various sprints and the backlog.  Is there a way to turn off the Fix Version colored flag?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2020

Hi @dmeyers

Not as standard - I don't believe you can modify showing the Release/Version on the backlog view.

You mention these are coloured though? What colours are used?

And is this on Server or Cloud? If Cloud, is it Classic or Next-Gen?

Happy to still check into this depending on the host type and see if there is an alternative!

Ste

Admin June 15, 2021

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

We experience the same issue described above:

- Jira Software

- Cloud

- Company managed project

When we started to use "Fix versions" they immediately appeared in the backlog view, written in bold and on a grey label, left to the colored epic label.

This is ugly and very user unfriendly for the following reasons:

- the version label covers (part of) the story name and makes is unreadable

- the fix version can be added in the board configuration > card layout as an additional field and would then appear on a second line below the story title (> in normal font / not bold). So it's completely useless to show the version "by default" -  without a (known) possibility to make this ugly version "tag" disappear from the backlog view.

Is there any help or recommendation how to deal with this issue?

best regards, Dieter

grafik.png

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events