End-to-End Tracking of PCB Design

Deleted user January 13, 2020

I am interested in Jira and Bitbucket plugins for Altium as described in the article below. Is it on the roadmap?

https://resources.altium.com/pcb-design-blog/end-to-end-tracking-of-your-pcb-design

3 comments

Comment

Amit Easow February 12, 2020

For anyone using Plastic SCM as their version control tool, here are the steps to launch Altium Designer as an external diff tool:

• Launch Plastic SCM
  • Click Preferences button on the left side menu
  • In the pop-up box, choose "Diff tools" on the left side menu
  • Click the Add button
  • Select "External diff tool" and enter the value

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Altium\AD17\DXP.exe" @sourcefile @destinationfile

• Select "Use with files that match the following pattern:"

.SchDoc;.SchDot;.openbus;.MbsDoc;.PcbDoc;.PcbDot;.MbaDoc;.SchLib;.PcbLib;.pcb3dlib

• Click OK and Apply the changes
  • Right click on a file and choose Diff from the popup menu
  • Choose an option to compare two different revisions of a file and launch Altium

Note: If Altium throws an error about running out or expiry of licenses, contact the administrator.

• Make the necessary changes and merge the file
Amit Easow February 12, 2020

For anyone using Plastic SCM as their version control tool, here are the steps to add Altium Designer to the global configuration:

• Download the plastic-global-config repository to a workspace on the local machine
  • Open externaltools.conf file with wordpad

C:\Users\<username>\wkspaces\plastic-global-config\externaltools

• Add the following command to launch Altium Designer and save the file 

item | Open in Altium Designer| "C:\Program Files (x86)\Altium\AD17\DXP.exe" | @object

• Checkin the changeset into the repository
Redy Bo November 19, 2020

Hmm. If I understand your problem correctly, I think that the circuit check service will help you, try contacting it. By the way, my father was in this situation. My father and I have a small company and we have more than ten computers. This is a small IT company and it often happens that we should to check or repair computers, because we are just starting out and the equipment is not new. I often repaired so I know a lot of services and paths. Guys I'll be honest, try to buy new equipment, I'm tired of repairing old computers:) This is just advice from life.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events