you may need to resubmit the form or reload the page in confluence

4 answers

Do you have another Atlassian application running on the same server on a different port number? If yes, the cookie might be getting overwritten which causes the user session to log out - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/User+is+Constantly+Logged+out+of+JIRA

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Sep 09, 2014

This is rather unclear. Is this an error you are receiving?

Hi sorry the page got submitted before i could type the entire contents. we have a confluence instance 5.1.2 and our users are frequently getting this timeout error when trying to save a new page & existing page. this doesnt happen everytime and this issue is very intermittent. no error messages are logged in the confluence / tomcat logs. the actual message they see is " the following error(s) has occured. Your session has expired. You may need to resubmit the form or reload the page". the workaround we follow is to try clicking the save button few times till it gets fully saved. this is creating lot of frustration. i had a ticket with atlassian support and few working sessions but no help. i checked all the timeout settings and they all are in reasonable limit (60 mins). Sometimes the users get this error within 10 - 20 secs even when making minor edits

Renjith: we have a dedicated server and have only IIS and confluence running on the machine. i am also using IIS tomcat redirector.  there is no clash between IIS and tomcat ports as well.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,792 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you