Did you mean: 

you may need to resubmit the form or reload the page in confluence

Srini Balakrishnan September 9, 2014

4 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

Do you have another Atlassian application running on the same server on a different port number? If yes, the cookie might be getting overwritten which causes the user session to log out - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/User+is+Constantly+Logged+out+of+JIRA

0 votes
Srini Balakrishnan September 11, 2014

Renjith: we have a dedicated server and have only IIS and confluence running on the machine. i am also using IIS tomcat redirector.  there is no clash between IIS and tomcat ports as well.

0 votes
Srini Balakrishnan September 9, 2014

Hi sorry the page got submitted before i could type the entire contents. we have a confluence instance 5.1.2 and our users are frequently getting this timeout error when trying to save a new page & existing page. this doesnt happen everytime and this issue is very intermittent. no error messages are logged in the confluence / tomcat logs. the actual message they see is " the following error(s) has occured. Your session has expired. You may need to resubmit the form or reload the page". the workaround we follow is to try clicking the save button few times till it gets fully saved. this is creating lot of frustration. i had a ticket with atlassian support and few working sessions but no help. i checked all the timeout settings and they all are in reasonable limit (60 mins). Sometimes the users get this error within 10 - 20 secs even when making minor edits

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

This is rather unclear. Is this an error you are receiving?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events